Navaid Aziz: He Who Has No One Has Allah
There are people across the world living in pain and agony, and in one way or another, Shaytan finds a way to get the better of them and derails them from the path to Allah. This lecture is dedicated to all of those individuals.
The reality of this world
- This life is a test from Allah.
- Allah says in Surah Baqarah: Surely we shall test each and every single one of you with a loss of wealth, life, profit and trade, so give glad tidings to those who are patient. Those when they are tested say ‘to Allah be belong, and to him we shall return. (Qur’an 2:156).
How do you react to the Qadr of Allah?
- Imagine you are slowly backing out a parking spot when suddenly you hit something. What is the first thing that comes out of your mouth?
- For most people it is a four letter word that they would not say in front of their mother.
- Imagine if you died and the last word you said was that four-lettered word.
Trials and tests from Allah are not just the calamities that strike us. They can also be in the form of the blessings that He gives us and we don’t thank him for, or we don’t use them in their appropriate means.
You may be tested by pain, or you might be tested by pleasure.
When being tested by Pain:
- You have two options. You can either deal with the pain right now and get closer to Allah, or you can delay dealing with the pain and seek the pity of others.
- Usually when someone is going through pain, the first thing they do is isolate themselves. This is true especially for men. This not a natural reaction. Shaitan is trying to convince you that you will cope better if you are alone. It is a deception from Shaytan
- Prolonged isolation is very harmful and detrimental to your situation. You need to go and be around believers and people who will remind you of Allah.
Dunya vs Akhirah
- It’s not about how you live your life in this world, but it’s all about how you will be raised in front of Allah.
- Whatever you die upon is what you shall be raised upon on the Day of Judgment so let your last deed be your best one.
- Pain and suffering only become negative if they cause a barrier between you and Allah. They become positive when they bring you back to Allah.
- It’s not that Allah wants to punish you, but rather it’s an invitation, a reminder for you to go back to him.
When you isolate yourself, you see that your Deen slowly starts to disappear. You gave yourself up to Shaitan whose promise was to lead you astray and as far away from the path of Allah as possible.
The Hidden Blessing
- There is actually a blessing in trials that we don’t perceive.
- The Prophet said: ‘No individual will be pricked by a thorn except that Allah purifies him with a sin for it.”
- Trials and tribulations are a means of purification.
- In this world, you will never be truly happy. No matter what Allah gives you, you will never be truly content.
- True contentment and satisfaction comes in the Akhirah in Jannah.
Points to remember:
- Allah does not burden a soul more than it can bear.
- There is always someone who is a worse predicament than you.
Umar use to say that when we were tested we use to thank Allah for three things:
- That this trial wasn’t in our Deen
- That this trial was not as great as it could have been.
- That Allah allowed us to be patient in that trial
- The Prophet said that an individual who was patient at the times of adversity will incur the pleasure of Allah, and that individual who wasn’t will incur the wrath of Allah.
The Prophet said: If any of you is tried by a tribulation, then let him remember his trial and tribulation through my calamity. For indeed it is the greatest of trials.
“Fate rarely calls upon the people at the time of their choosing” – Optimus Prime.
In times of trials and tribulations you have a decision to make. You can get closer to Allah or you can decide to live with your pain and create your own destruction.
He who has Allah has everything.
Note: Some of the stories that were mentioned in the lecture are not included in the notes. I highly encourage you to take some time and watch the lecture yourself.